Are you getting ready to sell your home? Not sure where to start? That’s ok! Getting ready to put a home on the market can be both nerve wracking and stressful! You could have several other people on your street trying to sell their homes as well! So what should you start with to make your house stand out among all the others?
Here are some basic tips to getting your home market ready!
Getting Your Home Market Ready
First Impressions: First impressions are everything in life. Whether that be a first date, nailing that interview or in this case, selling a home. The first project to work on is making sure the outside of your house looks great!
- If you have shutters on your windows, make sure they are cleaned and that get a new coat of paint if needed!
- Do you have a front porch? Then show it off! Clear off any clutter and make sure again that there is not paint chipping or anything in need of repair. Make sure to sweep it and remove any cobwebs, bugs in the light fixtures or any plants that are no longer alive.
- Mow your yard regularly and make sure to trim around any of the edged with a weed wacker.
- Sweep or blow off any leaves or dirt off of your driveway.
- Any bushes in front of your house? Make sure that they are properly trimmed.
- Make sure the windowsills of the house are wiped off and the windows cleaned on the outside.
- If there’s any paint chipping along the outside of the house, put on a fresh coat of paint.
- Yes, you may love your car just the way it is, but it needs to be washed! If you’re car is in need of major repairs and is missing pieces in general, it may be a good idea to park it a garage or cover it up for the time being.
Inside the Front Door: You want to make people feel at home when they come to view your house, help them to envision what it could be like for them!
- Keep the front door area vacuumed or swept everyday. This is the first part of the home everyone will see.
- Keep the front door cleared of shoes or any other type of clutter. You mostly want to keep everything as clutter free as you possibly can.
- Do you have multiple hanging pictures in the front of the door? You may want to consider taking some of them down if it seems a bit cluttered on the wall
- The last thing you want a potential buyer to do is walk in the front door and be greeted by a bad smell! Go and buy some scented wall plugs to keep around your home and most importantly your front door. Not only does this pleasant smell meet them as they enter the home, it also gives off a sense of cleanliness.
Your Home: Same as the Front Door. Make rooms feel open, well lit with natural lighting and decluttered! Follow the same guidelines as the front door and you should be ready to get your home on the market!
If you are looking to buy or sell a home and are looking for help, please contact us at (803) 814-3929 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to see what we can do for you! We offer photography, video and a free $200 of advertising when you list with The Carolinas Group.